You are hereMusic
"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the lands! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing!" : Psalm 100
Scripture is full of references to musical activity; therefore, music is an integral part of St. Lambert United Church worship. The Senior Choir, with approximately 15 - 20 volunteer singers, is a complement and strength to our services, through hymn leadership; anthems ranging from classical to gospel to contemporary pieces; solos; descants, organ; and/or piano. The Senior Choir also participates in a special presentation during the church year, the annual “Gift of Music” Christmas concert of the local area musicians.
We are blessed with those who are willing to share of themselves, their time, and their God-given abilities, and are also blessed with our Organist and Choir Director, Ron Bourne (B.Mus., McGill University).
Singing, fellowship, and fun describe us. We work hard, but have a great time doing it! Choir practice is from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Thursday evenings, with an additional rehearsal before the Sunday morning service. Anyone who enjoys praising God with his or her voice is encouraged to join us and be a part of the Choir experience!! If you are interested in joining the Choir, please speak with Ron after Sunday morning worship or call the Church Office.
Recent blog posts
- Eco-Lenten Calendar
- September's Prayer for the Comprehensive Review Task Group
- The United Church of Canada strives to be faithful in changing times
- Prayer for L'Isle-Verte - Priere pour les sinistres de L'Isle-Verte
- United Future: Called to Change
- M&O Conference response to the Quebec Charter of Values
- Montreal Presbytery - Press Release
- Prayers and Help for Lac Mégantic